Thursday, July 15, 2010

Vanilla

Vanilla on Vanilla cupcake from Wholefoods

I was never really into cupcakes. I remember when i first came to America I thought it was interesting that people brought them in for birthdays. I lied one time that I was allergic to "vanilla" just so i could get a chocolate cupcake :) I also remember, my dad and I spent an hour in Pathmark looking for "paper candy" aka fruit rollups one summer day in 1995. Both of us spoke no english. It was the story of a dad on a mission to buy his daughter her "paper candy" that she was drooling over during lunchtime. :)

Ever since i had my first Red Velvet cupcake from starbucks which they get from the Cheesecake Factory, i've fallen in love with them! I went to Philly Cupcakes last week with my friend fran, and in my bank account i had -15 dollars and fran had $3. So we had to split a jewish apple something cupcake, wasn't my fav. I was so sad i could cry :( The other day, i tried it again with my friend Ellen, and they were SOLD OUT! :( so I went to wholefoods instead and got this baby. It was quite scrumdiliumptious however did not satisfy my red velvet craving. 3rd times a charm right? Dear Philly Cupcake: I'll be back!

The new picture up there is from one of our many night time strolls around campus :) we like that :) Today we played a "name that memory" game. We walked around campus and tried to think of memories from each spot on campus, it truly made me smile inside & out!

Dear God,
Gosh.. I don't even know what to say. Maybe i'm a bit bipolar? hehe I don't know. There are days when i feel like the world is going to end, and then I wake up the next morning and realize the sun is shining again. Lord, help me to become more stable. Stable emotionally and spiritually. May my foundation be solely on you. Every time you help me build myself on you, i move again to that sandy beach nearby. Yea.. I LOVE the beach, but that's not where i want my foundation to be because every time the waves roar, i fall apart. I want to be on ROCK SOLID, your love. hehe this prayer is a little silly i know. But when I pray to you, i feel loved, and when i feel loved i get silly :) Father? I'm going home tomorrow, and i'm a bit scared. Reign in me and my family. Help me to be STRONG! Help us to have peace in our hearts. i love you!

Love, your daughter sharon

Dear Mr. Boyfriend: please update NOW. thank you berry strawberrys. :)

1 comment:

EllenHwang said...

<3 I woke up and prayed for you this morning remembering you were going home today =)

love ya shellen!