Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Forever His

wayyyyy too many bowls of these while finishing up this book

Hello!

My body is sore all over because I have been curled up on my bed for the past 10 hours finishing this book. I am so sad that I have finished! I wish it would go on forever. I don't think i've ever cried reading a book (besides the bible) but this book was truly a blessing.

For those of you that may want to read the book, I will spare the details! But I will say that I feel like I have fallen in love with God all over again. And that i'm remembering once again how safe I feel in His arms of love, redemption, and forgiveness.

On the other hand, I just had an argument with my mom. It hurts her that I cannot see things the way she sees them.. and it hurts me that she cannot understand me. It could be a caused by many things: Language barrier, cultural differences, and differences between the first and second generation churches. Whatever it is, it hurts that my mom and I cannot see eye to eye on something. Especially when it's about somebody so close to my heart.

Dear God,
As you already know, I'm a bit sad right now because of the argument I had with my mom. I ask that you will forgive me for speaking to her in anger and frustration because I know my words have hurt her. However i ask that you will help both of us to understand one another and in the end realize that what we want really doesnt matter. That we need to learn how to want what You want. I thank you once again for revealing your love to me through this book. I am in awe of your unconditional love for me and how you saved me from the darkness of my sin. Lord I pray that I will be able to live every single day without forgetting this love that you have for me and the grace that you have shown me from saving me from sin. Through this book I also learned about the beauty of marriage and the love that you want people to share as husband and wife. In many ways i am afraid of marriage and to be a wife and to have a husband. Lord you know the scars of my heart. This may be a silly prayer, but I pray that my husband will be like Michael Hosea. A true man of God who loves and fears you more than anything and anyone of this world. A man who seeks your will in all that he does. And a man who will love his wife and children the way you love us. I also pray that I will be a wife that fears You. A wife who will without hesitation submit to your will for her children and her husband. Lord, thank you for calling me your own.

Love, your daughter Sharon

"But now, thus says the Lord, your Creator, O Jacob, and He who formed you, O Israel: 'Do not fear, for i have redeemed you, I have called you by name; you are Mine!'" (Isaiah 43:1)

No comments: