Tuesday, December 28, 2010

tea & a good read



(blooming tea, and "Redeeming Love" By Francine Rivers)

For the last couple of days, this is all that i've been doing: reading my book, drinking tea, blog browsing, taking pictures, eating, lighting some candles, and then reading some more. It has been some of the most relaxing and blessing days of this month. Not only because i'm doing all of my most favorite things but also because I'm learning so much about God's love through this book.

I find myself giggling at times because of how much the main female character reminds me of myself. The book is a christian love story about the book Hosea. It is about a man who falls in love with a prostitute who is stubborn in all ways one can ever imagine. He rescues her from prostitution and marries her. Even after all that he has done for her, she refuses to submit to his will and tries to run away over and over again to get her "gold". Although he is providing her with the life she's always wanted, she longs to run away to the hell hole she wanted to escape. Nevertheless, Michael Hosea continues to love her and shows her the grace and forgiveness his Father God leads him to show.

Reading this book has made me realize how much I am like Sarah. I am also a prostitute in so many different ways, and even when God provides all things good, i long for the sinful life I want to escape. Michael Hosea and Sarah's relationship also reminds me a lot of my relationship with Dae. The more I think about our relationship, the more I realize how stubborn I am with him and how i refuse to submit to him in any way, even when I know he is right. However, its amazing how Dae never gets angry with me. But is always gentle, patient, loving, and forgiving of me in my most imperfect moments.

I can't wait to read more, learn more, and be more amazed at God's love for His children! I HIGHLY reccomend this book to all of you :)



candles & nyc

my hair pins & jewerly in candle light

sunset reflecting off the buildings

Dear God,
Thank you so much for all of your blessings the past couple of days. It's been so great being able to enjoy everything that I love. It's been especially amazing being reminded of how undeserving I am of your love but also about how you pursue and long to love me every single day. Forgive me for being like sarah. Even when you have given me everything i've asked for, i do not know how to be thankful and enjoy your blessings, rather I sinfully lust after things I know will only hurt me in the end. Forgive me Lord and teach me to find joy in your love and blessings that you pour on me every day. I also thank you for Dae. He has been such a blessing in my life and has been a reflection of your love for me. I pray for his heart Lord. I pray that you will heal him for any hurt that I've caused him. I also pray that you will continually grow him as a son after your own heart. That the way he thinks, breathes, loves, and prays will be just like your son Jesus. I am so happy right now Lord! And i'm even happier because I know that this joy that I have in my heart is a kind of joy that is divine. A joy that can never be taken away from me and that it will only grow as the days go on.. :)

Love, your daughter sharon

1 comment:

EllenHwang said...

Wow, Sharon! I love your photos, especially the last one. And, I always appreciate a book recommendation. I just started a new book and I'll tell you if it's good. After I finish, maybe I'll pick this one up! <3

I hope you are enjoying your break.

Love you much!